Baking Soda. Natural, Environmentally Friendly Cleaner, miracle product. It has a tremendous amount of uses, and here I have compiled the best of the best.
- Make Toothpaste by mixing half a tablespoon with peroxide paste ($2)
- Treat baby diaper rash by adding two tablespoons to bathwater
- Enhance Shampoo by sprinkling small amount into palm before shampooing: it will help get rid of the shampoo residue in hair.
- Treat Itches, Rashes, Mosquito Bites, Sunburn, Bee Stings, Windburn by making a paste out of baking soda and water and apply as a salve.
- Clean Brushes and Combs of natural oil build-up and hair product residue by soaking in warm water and teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mouthwash: Remove bad odors by gargling 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with glass of water
- Foot Soaker: 3 teaspoons plus water.
- Cheap Deodorant: Apply as powder to pits.
- Clean + Deodorize Toilet: Add 1 cup to toilet, leave for an hour, flush.
- Boosts Laundry Detergent (Sprinkle on Clothes, add detergent)
- Use to clean tea/coffee makers and blenders by adding to water and soaking.
- Clean Shower Curtains (Soak in Water and Baking Soda)
- Boosts Dishwashing Detergent (Add teaspoon to detergent)
- Soaking/Scrubbing Grease from pots and pans, garage floors, the deck.
- Cleans the Drain once a month by putting 4 tablespoons of baking soda down them, and flushing with water.
- Clean Shower Curtains by soaking them in baking soda and water for an hour
- Clean Inside of an Oven using 4 tablespoons of baking soda and quart of water
- Dry and Deodorize Rugs/Furniture by sprinkling baking soda liberally over surface, let sit, then vacuum an hour-1 day later.
- Freshen Sponges: Soak in 4 tablespoons and quart of water.
- SCRUB/CLEAN EVERYTHING: okay, not really, but basically next time you’ve got a tough stain/mark on the floor, wall, ceiling, furniture, just get the baking soda.
- Sprinkle Baking Soda into Dirty, Sweaty Sports Clothes bags to deodorize the shit out of it.
- KILL BUGS: Mix Sugar and Baking Soda on a plate and leave it out. bugs come for sugar, die for the baking soda.
- Fire Extinguisher: When it burns, it produces Carbon Dioxide, suffocating the fire. VERY useful for Grease fires, and much better than water.
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda + 1 Quart Water: Clean Everything on/in your car.
Okay, but it’s baking soda. Why isn’t any of this used for cooking?
Well, the answer is a chemical in it causes bubbles to rise when baking. Follow recipes to know how to use it in the kitchen.
Short URL for this post: http://tmblr.co/ZR4T1ruekiZD